Minnamurra Rainforest Reserve
(Budderoo National Park)
- Minnamurra Rainforest Centre is located 20 minutes South West of Killalea State Park near Kiama. The centre offers visitors an opportunity to experience the remnant rainforest that is representative of the once extensive rainforests of the Illawarra region.
- Various animal species can bee seen throughout the world class walking tracks. Species such as the, Eastern Water Dragon, Lyrebirds and many other bird species.
- The Loop Walk consists of 1.6km of elevated walkway that meanders through the rainforest.
- The Falls Walk is a challenging 2.6km (return) paved walk track and raised walkways which offer spectacular views of the rainforest canopy and the canyon carved by the Minnamurra River.
- Self guided and guided walks are both available.
- Minnamurra’s facilities include a fully equipped Café for light meals, snacks and refreshments and a BBQ/picnic area. The visitor centre also has a souvenir shop with various Australian made products and environmental literature.
- Minnamurra caters for schools, and all tour operations
- For further information or bookings contact:
- Phone: (02) 42 360469
Fax: (02) 42360393
- Park Day Use Fee:
$11.00 per passenger vehicle.
$4.40 per adult travelling on coach/taxi.
$2.20 per Child under 15 years.
Pensioner’s are Free.
Jamberoo Recreation Park
Jamberoo Action Parks is approximately 20 minutes from Killalea State park. The park is currently the largest action/theme park in NSW. Prices and bookings are available on the Jamberoo website: https://www.jamberoo.net/
Bass Point Reserve
Bass Point Reserve is located 10 minutes drive North of Killalea State Park and is a popular snorkelling and diving spot. Bass point is home to a local population of Grey Nurse sharks that can sometimes be see whilst diving in Bushrangers Bay.
Activities: Fishing, Diving, Swimming and Walking.
Toilets and sheltered facilities are also available.
Golf Courses at Shellharbour and Kiama
There many golf courses within the area and a very high quality courses.
The Lynx Golf course is set on the boundary of Killalea State Park and is within easy walking distance to the Killalea camping area. The Lynx Golf Course Shell Cove recently was voted in the top 50 courses in Australia. The course is designed for all levels and is definitely worth a game.
The Lynx Shell Cove also has a fully licensed restaurant/bistro and function centre. Please follow their link for further information: http://www.linksshellcove.com.au
Kiama Blow Hole
The Kiama Blowhole was discovered by George Bass on his voyage of coastal exploration on December 6, 1797, after anchoring his whaleboat in the sheltered bay which became Kiama Harbour.
Kiama is approximately 15minurtes South of Killalea Sate Park. The site is free to visit and is spectacular on a large swell. Stop in at Kiama for a bite to eat and check out the Kiama markets. http://www.kiama.com.au/
|Kiama Golf Club:||http://www.kiamagolfclub.com.au|
|Calderwood Valley Golf Course:||http://www.calderwoodgolf.com.au|
|Gerringong Golf Club:||http://gerringonggolf.com.au|